Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last of the Birthday Jewelry Pieces

This month we celebrated two birthdays at our Rubber Ducky Club.  First up is Michele Templeman.  Her birthday theme was Halloween.  Michele loves bling like I do so I wanted to really Bling it up.


I found a big pink jewel at a big box store so used that for the main focus.  The back of the pink jewel is attached to a Tim Holtz Ornate Plate.  I found a couple of pink round jewels to attach to the sides of the piece.  Luckily they were the same color of pink.  I Love Pink!  Anyway, I took some Stampin' Up! Rhinestone Jewels and colored them with alcohol ink to make them a lime green.  I found some lime green embroidery thread and tied a bow on top.  I used a couple of Halloween Scrapbooking stickers to attach a witches hat on the top and a coldren on the bottom.  I finished up the back of the piece with a piece of the Champagne Shimmer Paper that is new in the Holiday Mini catalog.  I glittered the ghost and then added Crystal Effects to it.  Love how it turned out.  It definitely makes a statement.  :)

Next up is Jane Price.  Her birthday theme was Moose.  I bought a couple of Moose charms to help get me started.  I spent a couple of days awhile back looking for a specific die I own but couldn't find.  In my search for the die, I came across a Moose punch I forgot I had....so put that aside to use on Jane's piece.


First I brayered a piece of Glossy White card stock with a multi color background that worked well for a sky backdrop and punched it out with a scallop oval punch.  The Moose was punched out of Gold Mirricard.  The trees in the background were made using the Serene Silhouettes stamp set.  I took a sponge dauber and only inked the two lower clumps of leaves and trunk.  It was the perfect size to make this scene. I then put black embossing powder on and heated it...so now the background is done.  I found a little old grass punch that I had to stand on to get it to punch each time.  No wonder I hadn't used it in years!!!  I cut out the white clouds from more glossy white card stock.  SU Dimensionals made the moose stand out and I buried his hoofs in the grass.  Nestabilities dies were used to cut the two outside ovals in black and Pumpkin Pie.  Whaa laa a Moose Jewelry Piece.

I got my last Pearls & Lace Jewelry piece for my August birthday...last night from Michele Templeman.  Now...to find time to finish my Shadowbox.  I can't wait until it is finished.  I"ll share the results when it's done.
Michele likes little stamps and tags so there is a lot on this small piece.  I saved a place in my shadowbox for it...and it turns out that it has the subtle pink that goes with the others already received.  What more could I ask???!!!???!!!   :)   It's been a fun year but I think we are all ready to go onto something else.  Each new year brings another challenge.  

Happy Stamping!   Judy  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment