Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Luminary Card

I love the Christmas season but it comes too quickly each year.  I really need to add at least two more months to the calendar before Thanksgiving.  Who would I talk to about that?????   :)

These luminary cards were a big seller at our November 3rd Craft Bazaar.  Somehow I sold my luminary so I don't have one for me right now.  Time to make more!  

This luminary card was designed last year but there were still ladies who wanted to learn to make it this year.  I made it so you could enjoy it all year.  One side has a Christmas theme and the other side has a floral theme.  I made them for my mom and sister last year.  These are wonderful gifts for someone in a nursing facility where candles aren't allowed.  This luminary card is designed to use a battery operated tea light.  I ended up using a larger key charm and smaller red bow...and I also added two more bows...one to the bottom of the stem on each of the flowers.  The new Stitched Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon looks really nice on these.

Christmas Themed Side

Floral Themed Side

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun, Serene Snowflakes
                  You are Loved, Elements of Style
CS:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Real Red, Shimmery White, Whisper White
         Vellum
Glimmer Paper:  Red, Silver
Ink:  Craft Whisper White, VersaMark, Basic Black, Real Red
Markers:  Old Olive, Real Red, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray
          Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery
Punches: 1 3/8" Square punch, Modern Label punch, 1/4" Circle punch
          Merry Minis Punch Pack - star
Accessories:   Big Shot,  Northern Frost Decorative Strip die [retired]
          Linen Thread, Glue Dots, SU Dimensionals, Rhinestone Jewels
          Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
          Dazzling Details Glitter Glue

Happy Stamping!    Judy  :)

2 comments:

  1. what are the measurement for the card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base card is 8 1/2" x 11'
      On the 8 1/2" side, score at 4 1/4"
      On the 11" side, score at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" 8 1/4"

      Delete